Thursday, September 22, 2016

Piano Recital

June 20, 2016 
I decided to hold a Piano Recital at the Gifford's home for the six girls that I teach piano to. They all practiced their hearts out and really made such a gallant effort to perform their upmost best! And they did! They made me so proud! I just beamed with how well they did! I couldn't have asked for a better recital. Their hard work and effort really came through and showed how much they practiced. 

Each family invited a few people, but our recital was small. Only Carmen Welch and the Parano-Stevens girls came to cheer on their comrades. 

To start off the recital, I had each girls' name written on a piece of paper and I drew it out of a bowl. It kept it random, but also kept everyone on their toes about who was going next. I did it on purpose to give everyone the same type of anticipation and nerves and teach them how to conquer that anxiety. I was floored with admiration at how they all presented themselves and how none of them made a mistake. It makes me hope that Lily is as cool and confident as they are when she reaches piano recital age. 

Listed below is a repertoire of what the girls worked on and performed (and the order they performed).

Jane Henderson
"Spanish Guitars" by James Bastien

Eliza Gifford
"Ode to Joy" by Beethoven

Lillie Gifford
"Tarantella" by 

Kate Henderson
"Fur Elise" by Beethoven arranged by James Bastien

Jayne Gifford
"Minuet in G" by Bach

Addie Gifford
"Floating Clouds" by James Bastien

At the end of the recital the girls gave me some flowers and we took a group shot together. 
I can't wait to have another recital and see how much these young ladies grow in the next year! They truly made me proud as a piano teacher and fall in love with them as a friend!

No comments: