I don't know if there is a "Nursery/Preschool - Part 1", but I felt like I've written so much about how Lily just loves and adores the friends she makes at Preschool and at her Church Nursery.
I don't know what I did before Preschool. Lily adores her friends and the activities she gets to participate in at preschool.
Ninety percent of the time when I asked her, "What did you do at preschool today?" She responds with, "Art." At first she was so hesitant to get her hands dirty when they painted, and only observed from a distance. That quickly changed when she tried it out and realized how much fun it is to get all messy! The first thing she does when I pick her up is run to me, give me a hug, and tells me, "Mommy I did art today!"
Picking her up is such a treat. I may have only been away from her for three hours, but when she sees me, so is so happy and eager to love me and share with me all about her day.
Of course, it's even better when Grammy comes to pick her up!
One of Lily's projects came home with us. She built a bird feeder and was anxious to hang it up and feed the birds. She wanted so badly for them to come to our house and eat her peanut butter covered donut with birdseed. She sat patiently outside our door for hours just waiting and waiting for the birds to arrive. They didn't. Not that day, or the next. It took about two weeks for the birds to come and partake of Lily's birdseed, and once they did - it was gone within a day or two.
And while she only goes to Nursery once a week for two hours, she loves the friends that she makes there also!
It is secretly one of my favorite things to spy on Lily and see how she is doing. It's fun to watch her play without noticing me. She is so kind, considerate, and helpful to all the others in her class!
The last Sunday in February, our Ward (church congregation) was split into two separate congregations (pre decided by boundaries). Because of the split, we lost "Sister Fielding." Lily cherished this teacher because she often prayed for her during her nightly prayers.
I don't think she grasped the concept that Sister Fielding wouldn't be her teacher anymore, but her parents sure did. She was great with Lily and really loved her. And that's all I could ask for... is teachers to watch my little girl and love her.
I have really lucked out with how much love this little girl gets while she's not in my care. I feel blessed to have such wonderful people take care of her, teach her, and give her attention when I'm not around. I hope that this pattern continues throughout her lifetime as she gains new teachers and that they will continue to love Lily and help her to reach her full potential.

No comments:
Post a Comment