Saturday, August 13, 2016

St. Patricks Day (a day late)

Since Lily attends preschool MWF, the preschool had a big St. Patricks Day Parade that Friday for the children. And because they celebrated it a day late - well - we did too!

I pulled out my classic St. Patricks Day hat and headed off to the preschool. 

When those kids first came out the door I could handle help myself. They were so dang cute!


They each made special green accessories to go along with their attire. Some were hats, some streamers, some noise makers, but they were all special because the kids worked so hard to make them!


Lily's teacher had to out to her where her family was standing and waving. Once she recognized us, her face lit up with the sweetest, cheesiest grin. She then wanted to show her teacher, Mrs. Tiddy, her brother Marco. 

They ended up walking around, 

... and around,

... and around, 

... and around the parking lot about a dozen times - enough for parents to get the perfect shot of their little one!

Afterwards, each class gathered together for a classroom shot! I may be a little biased, but I'm certain that in this group photo that Lily has the best smile and is (by far) the cutest leprechaun of the bunch!



As we walked back through the building, each child got to go to the "Pot of Gold" and pick out their piece of gold that the leprechaun had left for them.

Sometimes making holidays memorable is a lot of work. It must have taken weeks preparation by the preschool to coordinate this "parade" and pull it off. But I'm so glad they did because for weeks Lily was talking about marching around and how the naughty leprechaun made and mess and had green pee-pee (they put green food coloring in the toilet and said it was a silly, naughty leprechaun).


Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

No comments: